Facilities we can offer.
- Open 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday
- Free Parking
- Convenient access for drop off and collection
- Two dedicated play rooms - for children 2 to 5 years
- Dedicated creche room for children under 2 years
- Sensory Room
- Clean, bright and spacious childcare rooms which are interconnected
- Lots of outdoor and indoor spaces to choose from in and around the K2 Crawley Leisure Centre
- Opportunities to go further afield; to Tilgate Park, Broadfield Park and the Library for example
- Dedicated outdoor area for the Nursery and Pre-School use only
- Sensory Room, role play, book area, floor play, construction and investigation areas along with more formal learning zones
- Last minute creche and emergency childcare, subject to availability
- Qualified staff lead by and Early Years Teacher
- Special Educational Needs support
- Transitional support for children starting school
2 Year Olds
Here at K2 Pre-School Academy we know that high quality experiences in early childhood are indispensable in helping children to grow up gaining the most out of life and developing the skills for adulthood.
With a focus on personal, social and emotional development children separate from main carer with support and encouragement from a friendly team of dedicated staff with industry relevant qualifications. Children are encouraged to express their own preferences and interests through accessible resources.
The staff team are emotionally available so the children feel confident enough to seek comfort and express their own feelings all the while learning social boundaries such as how to co-operate with others.
The 2 year room is a language rich environment which helps children to develop their vocabulary and utilise language as a powerful means communication with the ability to hold conversation around topics which are engaging and of interest to the children in our care.
Physical play is a fundamental part of development for 2 year olds. With multiple experiences offered daily the children learn to use their bodies with growing confidence; everything from kicking balls to holding pens and even toilet training.
3 and 4 Year Olds
3 and 4 year olds are full of energy, inquisitive and curious; and this is something our pre-school room is well equipped to support.
With a focus on a whole setting community, the pre-school staff encourage the children to work as a team taking on group tasks where the children can contribute and test their own ideas. They don't always go to plan, but we learn together and have fun doing it.
With a variety of different cultures and backgrounds accessing the pre-school room the children are well informed about many different walks of life. Throughout the year, together, we investigate and learn about the different religious and cultural events happening in our community including Eid, Christmas and Diwali.
In a view of being ready for school once the time comes; the knowledgeable practitioners help the children to begin developing the skills they will need to thrive once they are attending reception year. Self care skills such as independence in using the bathroom facilities and the ability to recognise some letters and numbers are always high on the agenda.
Our Sensory Room features a bubble light tubes, optic fibres, a light box, soft music and a variety of sensory equipment to relax both children and the adults visiting with them, especially those with additional needs or sensory impairments.
The setting team lead by a qualified early years teacher is passionate about making a change for as many children in our community as possible. For more information about the sensory room please click here.